• Uncover the story of Melbourne's traditional owners as we run through city parklands
• Learn about Melbourne's rich sporting culture and history.
• Take in amazing views of Melbourne from a variety of vantage points.
• A knowledgeable and experienced tour guide to lead the way.
• All photos taken during the tour.
• Enjoy a post-tour coffee (or alternative drink) at one of our favourite riverside cafes.
• Please wear suitable clothing for this type of activity, including appropriate footwear.
• We recommend bringing a water bottle and refilling it at the water taps along the way.
• In summer, we recommend wearing a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
• There is no storage available for bags during the tour, so please plan accordingly.
Fit City Tours is committed to providing a high-quality, enjoyable tour experience for all of our participants. If you have any specific accessibility needs, please don't hesitate to let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your needs and ensure that you are able to fully participate in the tour. In order to prepare and plan appropriately, we recommend contacting us in advance of your tour to discuss your specific requirements.
Our Yarra Sunrise Running Tour begins at Federation Square, Melbourne's cultural hub and home to a variety of world-class events, restaurants, bars, and specialty stores. From there, we'll run through Birrarung Marr and towards the MCG, and explore the sporting precinct.
Next, we'll make our way across the Yarra River to the Tan Track and run up the Anderson Street hill - a street that many Melbourne runners love but hate. We'll continue on to the Shrine of Remembrance, where we'll take a moment to observe and reflect before taking in the stunning views of the city.
As we reach the end of the tour, we'll run along the Yarra River before finishing at a riverside cafe for a post-run coffee as the mist rises off the water. This 8km tour is suitable for runners of all levels and operates daily at 7am.