• Explore Melbourne's iconic laneways and see colorful street art in Hosier Lane and ACDC Lane.
• Take in stunning views of the city skyline at Birrarung Marr, a beautiful park along the Yarra River.
• Visit historic landmarks like the Mitre Tavern, a pub with over 150 years of history, and the State Library Victoria, a beautiful library with over 2 million books.
• Learn about the city's rich history at the Old Melbourne Gaol, a former prison that is now a museum and home to some of the city's most famous prisoners.
• Explore the trendy restaurants and cafes of Little Lon, a historic neighborhood with a storied past.
• Visit Chinatown, Melbourne's vibrant and bustling Chinese quarter.
• A knowledgeable and experienced tour guide to lead the way.
• All photos taken during the tour.
• Enjoy a post-tour coffee (or alternative drink) at one of our favourite Melbourne laneway cafes.
• Please wear suitable clothing for this type of activity, including appropriate footwear.
• We recommend bringing a water bottle and refilling it at the water taps along the way.
• In summer, we recommend wearing a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
• There is no storage available for bags during the tour, so please plan accordingly.
Fit City Tours is committed to providing a high-quality, enjoyable tour experience for all of our participants. If you have any specific accessibility needs, please don't hesitate to let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your needs and ensure that you are able to fully participate in the tour. In order to prepare and plan appropriately, we recommend contacting us in advance of your tour to discuss your specific requirements.
Our Laneways Discovery Running Tour will take you through some of the city's most iconic and interesting laneways, giving you a unique perspective on the city's rich history and culture.
We'll start off at 8am at Federation Square and head to Hosier Lane, a famous street art hotspot where you'll see colorful murals and graffiti created by some of Melbourne's most talented artists. From there, we'll head to ACDC Lane, named after the iconic Australian rock band, where you'll find more street art and live music venues.
Next, we'll make our way to Birrarung Marr, a beautiful park along the Yarra River that offers stunning views of the city skyline. Here, you'll learn about the story of Melbourne and how it has evolved into the bustling metropolis it is today.
We'll then continue on to the Mitre Tavern, a historic pub that has been serving locals and tourists alike for over 150 years. You'll hear about the tavern's storied past.
From the Mitre Tavern, we'll head to the State Library Victoria, a beautiful and expansive library that houses over 2 million books and is a popular spot for tourists and locals alike. You'll get a chance to explore the library's many exhibits and learn about its rich history.
Next, we'll visit the Old Melbourne Gaol, a former prison that operated from 1842 to 1929. This historical site is now a museum and is home to some of the city's most famous prisoners, including Ned Kelly, Australia's most notorious outlaw.
From the Old Melbourne Gaol, we'll continue on to Little Lon, a historic neighborhood that was once home to Melbourne's working class and was known for its brothels and pubs. Today, the area is home to trendy restaurants and cafes.
Next, we'll make our way through Chinatown, Melbourne's vibrant and bustling Chinese quarter. Here, you'll find an array of delicious food options and colorful streets filled with traditional Chinese lanterns and architecture.
Finally, we'll finish with coffee at one of our favourite Melbourne laneway cafes in Centre Place.
This running tour is a great way to see the city and learn about its rich history and culture.