• Discover the hidden corners, alleyways, and nooks of the historic Rocks district.
• Learn about the unbelievable stories and events that took place in this vibrant area.
• Explore the hidden gems and unforgettable views of Sydney Harbour.
• Visit iconic landmarks and learn about the rich history of the area.
• A knowledgeable and experienced tour guide to lead the way.
• All photos taken during the tour.
• Enjoy a post-tour coffee (or alternative drink) at one of our favourite Sydney cafes.
• Please wear suitable clothing for this type of activity, including appropriate footwear.
• We recommend bringing a water bottle and refilling it at the water taps along the way.
• In summer, we recommend wearing a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
• There is no storage available for bags during the tour, so please plan accordingly.
Fit City Tours is committed to providing a high-quality, enjoyable tour experience for all of our participants. If you have any specific accessibility needs, please don't hesitate to let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your needs and ensure that you are able to fully participate in the tour. In order to prepare and plan appropriately, we recommend contacting us in advance of your tour to discuss your specific requirements.
This tour meets outside Wharf 2 at Circular Quay, Sydney. The nearest train station, light rail station and ferry wharf is Circular Quay.
Explore the hidden history of Sydney's oldest neighborhood on our Rocks Unveiled Walking Tour. Starting at Circular Quay, we'll take you on a journey through The Rocks, showcasing some of the area's most iconic landmarks and lesser-known gems.
First, we'll take a stroll along Cadmans, where you'll discover charming colonial-style architecture and beautiful views of the harbor. From there, we'll make our way to George Street and the Fortune of War, Sydney's oldest pub.
Next, we'll head to Suez Canal, where you'll see the remains of Sydney's original sea wall and learn about the area's maritime history. We'll then take a stroll through Playfair Street and George Street, where you'll see historic buildings that are off the beaten path.
We'll then make our way under Pillars, where you'll learn about the area's early development and the role of the wharves in Sydney's history. From there, we'll head to Walsh Bay and Barangaroo, where you'll see the historic Millers Point and learn about the area's transformation.
Next, we'll make our way to Lord Nelson Hotel, the oldest continuously licensed hotel in Sydney. We'll then head to Observatory Hill where you'll see the historic Signal Station and learn about the area's role in Sydney's early defense.
We'll then make our way to Argyle Street and Gloucester Street, where you'll see the historic terrace houses, including Susannah Place and Nurses Walk. Finally, we'll head to First Fleet Park, where you'll learn about the arrival of the first fleet to Sydney and the significance of this event in Australia's history. The tour will end back at Circular Quay.
Throughout the tour, you'll have the opportunity to take pictures and ask questions. Our knowledgeable guide will provide you with fascinating insights into the history, culture and architecture of The Rocks. Join us and unveil the hidden gems of Sydney's oldest neighborhood.